NOTE: This Policy was last updated on June 20, 2017.
We value your privacy, and we make this Policy available on our Website to assist you in understanding how we collect and handle your personal information. We want to make your online experience enjoyable and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we want you to fully understand our policies and procedures surrounding the attainment and use of that information.
By using the Website or otherwise providing your personal information to Nano Global, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information we may collect. Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could be used to identify you on an individual basis. You are not required to provide the personal information that we request. If you choose not to provide the personal information or other information we have requested, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
When you make a purchase from our Website, request to receive our electronic newsletters, participate in our message boards, blogs or forums, write a review, and/or participate in polls, surveys, or contests, we may collect information from you, including the following:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Billing and payment information
- MyNano username
- Social media/messaging account ID, postings and other information (e.g., “Likes”)
- Demographic information
We may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- From you or someone acting on your behalf: We may collect personal information you or someone acting on your behalf shares with us, such as your name and contact details.
- Through the Website: We may collect personal information about you when you use our Website – for example, when you sign up for our newsletter, make a purchase, or participate in our message boards, blogs, or surveys.
- Through Customer Service Communications: We may collect personal information you provide to us through customer service-related communications – for example, from customer service-related chats, emails and telephone calls (please note that telephone calls with us will be recorded for quality assurance and customer service purposes).
- Offline: We may collect personal information you provide to us offline, such as when you attend one of our trade shows or events, or place a verbal order to purchase our products.
- From other sources: We may collect your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, and social media platforms. We may also receive your personal information from people with whom you are “friends” or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your MyNano account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us. Such information may include personal information that is part of your social media profile or your friends’ profiles. Similarly, if your social media “friends” connect their social media accounts to their MyNano accounts, information about you may be shared with us via this “friend” connection.
If you submit any personal information about other people to us (e.g., name, email address, etc.), for example as part of our referral program, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use their personal information to contact them and otherwise use their information in accordance with this Policy. If you believe that a third party has provided us with your personal information and you no longer wish us to possess your information, you may request deletion of your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Other information we may collect. We may also collect other information from your browser, app or device that does not reveal your (or anyone else’s) real world identity, including the following information:
- Browser and device information
- App or device usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- IP address
- Aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information
- Demographic information and other information provided by you (e.g., language, occupation, postal code)
We may collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Most browsers and devices collect certain information automatically – for example, type and version of operating system, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We may use this information, for example, to make sure that the services we provide through the Website function properly.
- IP Address: IP addresses are automatically transmitted as part of any Internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice; many web sites and applications collect IP addresses automatically. We use IP addresses for purposes such as communicating with your device, calculating usage levels of our Website, helping diagnose server problems, security, and administering services through our Website.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information we collect:
- To complete and fulfill your order of products purchased from us – for example, to process your payments, and have your order delivered to you; please note that we may supplement this with information from a third-party source, such as FedEx, in order to validate your delivery address so we can properly ship your order.
- To communicate with you regarding your order, provide you with related customer service, and establish and manage your MyNano account.
- To allow you to participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and similar promotions, and to administer these activities, including notifying contest winners and awarding prizes. Some of these activities may have additional rules, which could contain more information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read these additional rules carefully.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as a periodical newsletter, product promotions, polls, surveys, and any other information that we feel may be pertinent to you.
- To personalize your experience on our Website by presenting products, marketing messages, offers, and content tailored to you, providing interactive or personalized elements on the Website, and to better prepare future content based on your interests.
- To allow you and other customers to submit a testimonial on our Website, and to display on our Website personal testimonials of satisfied customers and other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us per the “Contact Details” section below.
- To allow you to access and post information to our blog. Our Website offers a publicly accessible blog and community forum. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us per the “Contact Details” section below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Website. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s contact information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, crime/fraud monitoring and prevention efforts, security, monitoring Website traffic, identifying usage trends
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, as well as to develop new products, and for the testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our Website and other services, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities, and to enforce our terms and conditions.
- To send administrative information and service notifications to you – for example, information regarding the Website and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Personal information may be shared or disclosed:
- To third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as order fulfillment, shipping your order, payment processing (including credit card processing), auditing, information technology, data analysis, and other similar services.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications relating to us and our products, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences; provided, however, that we do not share or disclose your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
- To third party survey providers and sponsors of contests, sweepstakes, and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Website.
- By you, on blogs, message boards, and community forums and profile pages, to which you are able to post information, comments and materials. Please note that any such information, comments and materials you post or disclose in blogs, message boards and public forums will become public information, and may be available to users and to the general public. As a result, we urge you to be very careful when deciding to post or otherwise disclose your personal information, or any other information, on our Website or elsewhere online.
- To a third party in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, acquisition, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe is required, necessary, or appropriate: (i) under applicable law (including applicable laws outside of your country of residence), (ii) to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal processes, (iii) to respond to requests from competent public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside of your country of residence, (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions, (v) to protect our business operations, (vi) to investigate claims of fraud or other illegal conduct, (vii) to protect our rights, privacy, security, safety, and physical and intellectual property, and/or the rights or safety of you or others, and (viii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may exposed to or sustain.
With regard to any personal information shared or disclosed to third parties, these third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Except as otherwise provided herein, we will not share your personal information with any other third party organizations except with your express consent.
LOG FILES, COOKIES, AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Our Website utilizes industry standard analytics packages that automatically gather limited information on Website users, and stores this anonymous information in server log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, referring pages, operating system used, and date/time stamps. This information does not identify individual users; it is used only for Website administration, as well as for analysis of Website usage and trends. Please note, however, that if you place an order with us for our products, or create a MyNano account, we will be able to connect your Website behavioral data to your personal information.
We collect user traffic usage characteristics throughout the Website. However, we do not correlate this data with individual user information. We may analyze usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from data contained in the user’s browser.
We may collect and catalog search terms in a search function that users employ, but such collection and cataloging are not associated with individual users. We may use search terms to determine the areas of the Website most important to users, based on the characteristics of usage or traffic of those areas. We will not use these search terms to track what any particular individual users read, but rather the performance of each page. This may help us to build a better web-based experience for you.
Nano Global and its service providers (e.g., marketing providers, analytics providers, and/or payment processors) utilize technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movements around the Website and gathering demographic information about our Website users. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these third parties on an individual as well as an aggregated basis.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Website and other websites, based on information obtained, for example, through cookies and similar technologies relating to your access to and use of the Website and other websites. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union by clicking here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We use “local storage”, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties that provide certain features on the Website (e.g., YouTube) also use local shared objects (LSOs) such as flash cookies or local storage, and HTML5, to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage flash cookies please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to know whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information, you may request this information by emailing us at email@example.com.
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update it by logging into your MyNano account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you no longer wish us to possess your information, you may request deletion of your information by emailing us at email@example.com. You also may make your request by postal mail at the address indicated in the “Contact Details” section below. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We will retain your information for as long as your MyNano account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We follow accepted industry standards to protect any personal information you have provided to us. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission or storage can ever be fully secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Nevertheless, the security of your personal information is extremely important to us. For instance, we employ various firewalls and other security tactics to help keep your information secure. We do not store your complete credit card information on our internal web server. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security (TLS) technology. Once your order is completed, it is entirely deleted from our web records.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe that your password to your MyNano account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us per the “Contact Details” section below.
You may opt out of receiving any non-service related emails by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email we send to you, or by replying to any email we send you and entering the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
You may also contact us per the “Contact Details” section below to update your communication preferences for the following types of marketing activities:
- To accept or refuse receiving marketing-related messages from us in the future
- To accept or refuse our sharing of your personal information with non-affiliated third parties so that they may market directly to you.
We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect, and we do not intend to collect, personal information from children under the age of 13 without proper parental consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of 13, or under the applicable age of consent in your country, without parental consent, please let us know by contacting us per one of the methods in the “Contact Details” section below, and we will take appropriate measures to promptly investigate and address the issue.
Nano Global is a United States-based company. If you are outside of the United States, all the information you provide will be transferred to the United States when processing that information for the purposes described in this Policy. We may also transfer your personal information to our third party service providers, who may be located in a different country than you.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
By using the Website, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information and other information by Nano Global as specified in this Policy. We may make changes to this Policy at any time. The date this Policy was last updated is specified at the beginning of this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the updated Policy on the Website. Your use of the Website following these changes means that you accept the updated Policy. If any changes may materially and negatively affect the privacy of your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use and share personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, you can contact us by clicking on www.mynano.com/customer-service, sending an email to the email address provided below, or sending a letter to the following address:
Nano Global Corp.
1705 Guadalupe Street, 4th Floor
Austin, TX 78701
© 2017 Nano Global Corp. All Rights Reserved.